Thursday, March 13, 2014
Upstairs at Vitello’s is presenting FREE late night musical theatre beginning this Friday night (and there's a full bar for purchase!). Join the cast of Zombie Prom, a ghoul-loves-girl rock musical every Friday at 11:00 PM beginning March 14. Seats are currently available for March 14, 21, and 28. For reservations, e-mail email@example.com with your name and number in your party, and check out their video below.
La Mirada Theatre for the Performing Arts and McCoy Rigby Entertainment have announced the cast of their upcoming production of Andrew Lloyd Webber’s CATS. CATS will feature Kelly Provart as Grizabella and Todrick Hall (whose hilarious YouTube video parodies have been seen by millions of viewers) as Rum Tum Tugger. Director/choreographer is Dana Solimando and musical director is John Glaudini.The cast will also include Dane Wagner as Mr. Mistoffelees, Clent Bowers as Old Deuteronomy, Karl Warden as Munkustrap and will also feature Madison Mitchell, Chryssie Whitehead, Neil Dale, Nina Schreckengost, Colette Peters, Derek Lewis, Lauren Decierdo, Daniel Dawson, Brian Steven Shaw, Jamie Joseph, Steven Agdeppa, Melvin Ramsey, Hannah Simmons, Autumn Crockett, Jenna Wright, Jake Dupree and Tiffany Reid. Previews begin Friday, April 18 (opening night is April 19) and the show will run through May 11, 2014 at La Mirada Theatre for the Performing Arts, 14900 La Mirada Blvd in La Mirada. Tickets: (714) 994-6310 or www.lamiradatheatre.com
The Grove Theatre is getting ready for Peter Pan, which will run March 28 - April 13. Join Peter, Wendy, John, Michael, Tinker Bell and the Lost Boys as they do battle with Captain Hook and his pirate crew. The show is directed by Kris Kyer (who recently portrayed Dick Van Dyke in Saving Mr. Banks), and who will play Captain Hook. Maeve Riley is Peter Pan. Choreography is by Julio Villegas. Tickets: (909) 920-4343 or www.grovetheatre.com. The Grove Theatre is located at 276 E. Ninth Street, Upland, CA 91786.
Chance Theater has announced 26 hours of live performances for its 24hr Chance-a-thon, which will take place on Saturday, March 22 from 10am-11pm, and Sunday, March 23 from 9am-10pm. Throughout the 2-day event, local artists and community members will come together to share their talent in support of Chance Theater’s artistic and educational programs. Events include everything from learning the choreography from Lysistrata Jones to cabaret performances to new plays to live podcasts. I’ve highlighted a few select musical events below but for a complete schedule go to www.ChanceTheater.com/24hr.
- Rachel Mount - a cabaret of musical theatre and pop songs
- Dis-FUN-ction” - Joanne Juliet Lapointe cabaret about all things grown-up told through song
- King of the World - Ana Bomgaars and friends’ unique tribute of songs by Jason Robert Brown
- So Happy (Singing) Together - a concert with Robyn and Robert Wallace
- Seventh Street Jazz - with Cristiana Franzetti featuring multi-layered melodies, tight harmonies and exciting improvisations to delight audiences of all ages.
- The Wild Things Children’s Theatre Troupe – interactive FUN with music for all ages!
- Speak the Speech - with OCSA student actors and singers performing monologues, scenes, songs, and even some famous impressions.
- Take a Chance! - a musical revue by Ragtag Entertainment
- We Will Rock You 2! - with OCSA Senior Commercial Voice students doing original and copy pop and rock tunes backed by a live band.
- Inspired - with St. Mary Magdalene Anglican Church Choir
- Miscast: A Broadway Cabaret! - with Jared Kaitz and friends; a show about performing the roles you have always wanted to play, but have been unable to, due to race, gender, type, etc.
Become a Fan on Facebook
Follow Musicals in LA on Twitter
Click Here to return to home page
5:49 PM |