Tuesday, February 23, 2010

Are You Ready To Make Your Own CD?

Mark Winkler

Singers – if you’ve ever wanted to make your own CD but weren’t sure how to go about it, here’s a workshop for you. By popular demand, Cabaret West Presents Mark Winkler“How to Make Your Own CD (and not go broke!) A Singers Workshop.

Monday March 8, 2010 from 7pm-10pm at the Gardenia Restaurant and Lounge, 7066 Santa Monica Blvd. in West Hollywood. The cost is $25.00 for Cabaret West members and $35.00 for non members

Mark writes,
“As I’ve been teaching my songwriting classes and talking with singers lately, I've been struck with how little the artists I’ve met know about making a CD. Due to the advances in recording technology, everybody can make a CD today - but as I've learned not everybody can make one that will satisfy their objectives and more importantly get them noticed. So, I've hatched the idea for this workshop.

I've produced or co-produced over 15 CDs, and that experience has taught me what works and what doesn’t, what to spend your hard earned money on and what to say 'no' to. Some of what I've learned is quite surprising. My one day workshop covers everything from song selection and choosing the correct recording studio to hiring the right musicians, from how many tunes to record to mixing the record and then I'll tell you how to distribute and promote your CD. These are all things I've learned the hard way.

I promise I’ll get to the nitty gritty. I'll give you costs, studios, time estimates and short cuts - no bull----. I have a plan to take you from the very beginning of CD production to the end. Just bring your questions, a pen and I promise a fun yet educational afternoon.”

For reservations just call the Cabaret West voice mail line at (310) 226-7033 or email Cabaretwest@aol.com. Payment can be made in cash or check the day of the class or in advance through www.paypal.com/ to vendor cabwest@aol.com.

Drinks and food will be available however there is no minimum required.


You can also find out more about Mark and his music on his website at www.markwinklermusic.com/.

0 comments

<< Home

0 comments

<< Home

<< Home